Hi guys

Have some issues with our backup server that's running ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

It was previously setup (not by myself) and when logging in launches directly into 'RCS Backup' (Blue screen with different types of backup)

We normally initiate a 'Full Backup' which mounts 3 other servers (all running ubuntu) and backs them up to a removeable PATA hard drive, before shutting itself down. Full backup takes around ~6-7 hours so it finishes middle of the night.

Several times over the last month it has failed to backup, most of the errors include an 'OSError:[Errno 5] Input/output:' error which we have been unable to isolate to any particular disk (5 weekly) so we have changed the PATA 'caddy'/interface for another (new).

Our 3rd party hardware support company had the server testing for over a week and where unable to find anything wrong, they recommended we speak to our software support company (who set the backup up) and returned the server to us.

Since then it has completed 4 backups before failing again last night. We have not spoken to our software support company yet - i'm looking around for any kind of further troubleshooting/testing i can do myself but i'm unable to find much information about the 'RCS Backup'?

Any recommendations? Thanks.