Thread: NooB here help on somthing simple i bet

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Thumbs down NooB here help on somthing simple i bet

im running ubuntu 11.04 and i have been watching videos and looking at different post and i keep seeing things like SYSTEM> Preferences> administration blah blah blah stuff like that and its always like on the top bar and stuff but the thing is is that after a clean install i dont have the top bar like that is there somthing i didnt install or up date that i need to do that because alot of things this i would like to change and i find out how everyone does it that way if u need any more info ill try and elaborate a lil more on it but if ur thinking simple then ur thinking right just idk how to do it haha thanks for reading hope someone can help me out

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: NooB here help on somthing simple i bet

Sounds like you are using the Unity interface with 11.04. You can search via the Dash for anything you used to navigate to via the menus.

If you still want the old "blah blah blah" menus, select Ubuntu Classic from the session menu at the log in screen.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: NooB here help on somthing simple i bet

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilMr666 View Post
    im running ubuntu 11.04 and i have been watching videos and looking at different post and i keep seeing things like SYSTEM> Preferences> administration blah blah blah stuff like that and its always like on the top bar and stuff but the thing is is that after a clean install i dont have the top bar like that is there somthing i didnt install or up date that i need to do that because alot of things this i would like to change and i find out how everyone does it that way if u need any more info ill try and elaborate a lil more on it but if ur thinking simple then ur thinking right just idk how to do it haha thanks for reading hope someone can help me out
    if possible give us a image or explain clearly what you wanna do ?
    Raja

రాజ శేఖర్ రెడ్డి

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Thumbs down Re: NooB here help on somthing simple i bet

Quote Originally Posted by howefield View Post
    Sounds like you are using the Unity interface with 11.04. You can search via the Dash for anything you used to navigate to via the menus.

If you still want the old "blah blah blah" menus, select Ubuntu Classic from the session menu at the log in screen.
    well that helped thanks dude i knew it had to be easy haha