Thread: Installation hangs at Language Selection

Beans

Installation hangs at Language Selection

Hi

I downloaded Ubuntu 11.04 twice and still not able to install it. Installation hangs after selecting the Language. Even if it goes forward after that doesn't recognize the hard drives. Have a 80gb PATA & 160gb SATA drives. Windows is Installed in 160gb HDD.

I have burnt the image into recordable and re-recordable disc and checked same issue. Even tried the USB same issue. If i disconnect the network the setup goes till HDD selection but doesnt detect both HDD. Am able to install the in virtual box using the same image file that i burnt on to the disc.

Once i tried to check the system log during the setup it kept showing USB device not working and the mouse got hanged. Not sure whats going wrong. Any kind of help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Installation hangs at Language Selection

many hav had problems installing onto PATA drives.
    Check this launchpad question. might help.
    https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/69145

Beans

Thanks for the reply. I read the article but could not get it. Very new to ubuntu. so if u can guide me as to wat to be done wud appreciate a lot.

Beans

can someone please guide me what is to be done. i am not able to install it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Beans

I'm having the same issue. Thought it was a hardware problem and the issue was in my mouse touch pad, but since I can't get anywhere once I'm running the disk (live CD to get my feet wet) I'm just not sure if this is an incompatibility issue. Toshiba Satellite L775D.

Beans

Thanks for suggestion dino99. but i have absolutely beginner no idea about the lines of codes that u have written in that post. Thought it would be an easy transition from windows to linux but seems to be a lot harder and not finding proper help from anyof the geeks here who can help me to start using linux.

Prob switching back to windows will be a better thing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Smile Re: Installation hangs at Language Selection

You said you tried CD re writable CD?.
    let me ask you something.I think you burned the same image into all these CDs and USB drives rite?
    Here is a help download another image from the Ubuntu site , and use usb to install the OS.
    I am sure you were able to live boot with the image you downloaded rite?
    So please follow wot i ask you to..
    I dont think its a PATA problem because I have installed Ubuntu in my friends PATA HDD.
    PS: I suppose no warning or errors were written on the screen . Rite?
    Unbreakable Uprise.
    Its By UBUNTU