Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Make DVD Videos Using Tovid: The Video Disc Authoring Suite

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: HOWTO: Make DVD Videos Using Tovid: The Video Disc Authoring Suite

well you should never just remove a file and think that's the whole program. sometimes it is but not always. you should use a package manager to remove it. if you downloaded the .deb for debian than that was a mistake as it's not working I read somewhere. you need to go to tovid website and read a little. So to remove it you can use this command:
    sudo dpkg -r package_name
    then just to double check, do a search for tovid again.
    sudo find / -name *tovid*
    and see if there's anything left around. if so, then you can remove it
    Then you'll want to download the source and configure, make, make install. there's great info in the faq on the tovid website, also read teh know common problems and the install page.

Beans
    Distro

does anyone know how to keep .avi resolutions the same? for example I have a file that per MediaInfo is:

Width : 640 pixels
    Height : 272 pixels
    Aspect ratio : 2.35
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps

and when I run it through tovid (option for full dvd), it stretchs it to the standard dvd width and height (720x480, I think?), anyway, everything is stretched vertically very noticeably. the movie is watchable but it's just not right! can anyone suggeest anything to how I can fix this? thank you

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy79 View Post
    does anyone know how to keep .avi resolutions the same? for example I have a file that per MediaInfo is:

Width : 640 pixels
    Height : 272 pixels
    Aspect ratio : 2.35
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps

and when I run it through tovid (option for full dvd), it stretchs it to the standard dvd width and height (720x480, I think?), anyway, everything is stretched vertically very noticeably. the movie is watchable but it's just not right! can anyone suggeest anything to how I can fix this? thank you
    do u have a widescreen tv?

Beans

by the way, tovid 0.31 came out

an ubuntu deb will prolly soon be made.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ubuntuman001 View Post
    do u have a widescreen tv?
    i don't see what the point of that question is? I do but that shouldn't matter. what's happening is that the video is being stretched vertically to be 720 x 480 I think and since the video is only 2 hundred something tall, it's making the poeple and everything look stretched vertically. anyone have a suggestion?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy79 View Post
    i don't see what the point of that question is? I do but that shouldn't matter. what's happening is that the video is being stretched vertically to be 720 x 480 I think and since the video is only 2 hundred something tall, it's making the poeple and everything look stretched vertically. anyone have a suggestion?
    well i just thought maybe the tv's aspect ratio might stretch it out in weird ways, since every time I've made a video with tovid, resolutions always work out so that the movie looks fine to me on my tv

as to your particular problem, I have no idea, try the tovid forums or the irc channel #tovid on freenode

Quote Originally Posted by BGreet View Post
    After installing the .deb I get a weird error:

Found 2 installations of tovid on your system!
    I won't run until there is only one of me
    Installed versions:
    /usr/bin/tovid
    /usr/bin/X11/tovid
    Exiting...

I tried removing tovid from one or the other directories and it then tells me that there are no copies of tovid available. Not sure what to do, any help appreciated. Thanks!
    i go the same error installing the .deb, and i know 100% i didn't have it already installed. when i installed by svn it was totally fine. try installing that way.

thanks for the bandwidth,

ephman

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ephman View Post
    i go the same error installing the .deb, and i know 100% i didn't have it already installed. when i installed by svn it was totally fine. try installing that way.

thanks for the bandwidth,

ephman
    really? are you talking about the 0.30-2 ubuntu deb?

Beans
    Distro

that deb is broken and it specifically stated that on their website I believe. just build from latest source which is 0.31, it doesn't have the error's anymore and it works straight away! I just need to figure out how to get the video to encode it the same as it's source instead of stretching it verically.

Beans

Hi, I've got a stupid question: I succeeded in installing tovid 0.31 and am trying it out right now, the only problem I have is that the GUI interface is to big for my screen. So I can't see the buttons on the buttom which would help me configuring the dvd-buttons etc. Anyone know how to fix this? (simpy resising the window doesn't help, off course)

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast