Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 501

Thread: HOWTO: Make DVD Videos Using Tovid: The Video Disc Authoring Suite

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Beans
    2,341

    Re: Howto: Make Dvd Videos From An Avi File

    Quote Originally Posted by mssever View Post
    For a more foolproof command, try this:
    Code:
    chmod +x installtovid.sh && ./installtovid.sh
    and
    Code:
    chmod +x removetovid.sh && ./removetovid.sh
    These separators cause a lot of horizontal scrolling on my 1024x768 screen. This makes it really annoying to try to read the howto. Please use shorter lines, or do something like
    Code:
    - - - - - - - -
    (note the spaces), or better yet, remove them entirely and use headings in a large font instead. (BTW, the majority of computer users use 1024x768 and most inexpensive LCD displays--including laptops--are only designed to run at 1024x768.)
    hmm, your suggestions look pretty good, i forgot about resolution problems. i'll edit the howto in a bit

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Beans
    2,341

    Re: Howto: Make Dvd Videos From An Avi File

    Quote Originally Posted by wolf202 View Post
    works great but a 700 xvid file comes out to 4.8 gigs is there an option to compress?
    did you delete previous encoded video folders and files, before you began to encode the new one? you have to erase everything in the directory where you encode stuff, or else, videos build up on each other, and you'll get bigger files.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Beans
    175
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Howto: Make Dvd Videos From An Avi File

    Greattt tutorial!! I tested it last night on converting an avi... was a lil freaked out by the file size increase, but i can deal with that. I didn't burn it however because the conversion changed the resolution and made the movie look like you were viewing it from some crazed "looking down on everything" angle. It seemed to squish everything up from side to side, making everything seem extremely tall and skinny. Is there anything I can edit that will keep my wide screen movies wide screen?

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Beans
    2,341

    Re: Howto: Make Dvd Videos From An Avi File

    Quote Originally Posted by TooRight View Post
    Greattt tutorial!! I tested it last night on converting an avi... was a lil freaked out by the file size increase, but i can deal with that. I didn't burn it however because the conversion changed the resolution and made the movie look like you were viewing it from some crazed "looking down on everything" angle. It seemed to squish everything up from side to side, making everything seem extremely tall and skinny. Is there anything I can edit that will keep my wide screen movies wide screen?
    when you were choosing the options for the video, did you choose widescreen? (default is 4:3 ratio)

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Beans
    248
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

    Re: Howto: Make Dvd Videos From An Avi File

    Quote Originally Posted by TooRight View Post
    Greattt tutorial!! I tested it last night on converting an avi... was a lil freaked out by the file size increase, but i can deal with that. I didn't burn it however because the conversion changed the resolution and made the movie look like you were viewing it from some crazed "looking down on everything" angle. It seemed to squish everything up from side to side, making everything seem extremely tall and skinny. Is there anything I can edit that will keep my wide screen movies wide screen?
    Go into the whatevernameyouchose.xml file created for dvdauthor and I added the line after <titles>:
    <video aspect="16:9" widescreen="nopanscan" />

    I am not reading through this whole thread to tell if you are using GUI, which I dont use...or command line, which I do use.

    The above edit will make sure your widescreen aspect ratio will hold true on widescreen tvs, and on standard tvs you will have the black bars above and below.

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Beans
    2,341

    Re: Howto: Make Dvd Videos From An Avi File

    Quote Originally Posted by PapaWiskas View Post
    Go into the whatevernameyouchose.xml file created for dvdauthor and I added the line after <titles>:
    <video aspect="16:9" widescreen="nopanscan" />

    I am not reading through this whole thread to tell if you are using GUI, which I dont use...or command line, which I do use.

    The above edit will make sure your widescreen aspect ratio will hold true on widescreen tvs, and on standard tvs you will have the black bars above and below.
    ah, i didn't know the fix was that simple. thanks man, now i know that for the future.

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Beans
    248
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

    Re: Howto: Make Dvd Videos From An Avi File

    Quote Originally Posted by erik1397 View Post
    ah, i didn't know the fix was that simple. thanks man, now i know that for the future.
    No problem erikdude...glad to help.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Beans
    2,341

    Re: Howto: Make Dvd Videos From An Avi File

    ***EDIT: updated the guide again, this time i made a zip file containg the install and removal scripts. i thought it was easier, plus, to gt it you have to become a member! (it's an attachment)

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Beans
    2,341

    Re: Howto: Make Dvd Videos From An Avi File

    ***EDIT AGAIN: modified the script; now i finally included the source tarball of tovid, instead of deb packages, it's just cleaner (and a lot easier to write in my script)

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Beans
    2

    Re: Howto: Make Dvd Videos From An Avi File

    Excellent !!!
    In other way: do you know how how to add/ paste subtitles at this DVD format?

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •