Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Open Source Automatic Writer

nmaster is offline Extra Foam Sugar Free Ubuntu
    Beans

Re: Open Source Automatic Writer

Quote Originally Posted by iampriteshdesai View Post
    Great idea.
    So using your method even a single font can be varied to drastically change its appearance.
    Do you have any example of it?
    no sorry, i've never needed to implement something like this. i honestly only just thought of this after taking a look at the OP's project.

you'd need to be somewhat clever about constructing the filter(s) though. you want to make sure that the output still resembles the input. my guess is that it isn't a trivial problem and would depend on the font and alphabet.

if it turns out that you can do this with a linear filter, then you just need to convolve the two images. as far as implementing 2d convolution... that's easy:
    http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/ref/conv2.html
    http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/refe...onvolve2d.html

if you could use different filters (or sets of filters) to mimic different personality profiles that would be nifty. try and fool a handwriting analyzer
    Last edited by nmaster; September 10th, 2011 at 09:08 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Open Source Automatic Writer

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenKingpin View Post
    Who needs to hand write assignments these days? Even in high school I was required to type out my assignments and hand them in....
    I remember in 6th-8th grade, all our assignments were hand-written. I started missing those days when the online classes I was taking in high school were all required to be turned in as .doc files instead of e.g. a text box on the web page. Even short answer stuff, multiple choice quizzes...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123