Thread: Evolution email is a pig...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Evolution email is a pig...

I decided to finally give Evolution a go since it comes on the Applications list. I have left off doing this for a long time and have always used the slightly more awkward route to external email clients.
    I used my gmail account and all seemed to go smoothly however, I don't know what I did but, I get emails from what looks like everyone that has a problem or comment about Evolution and can't stop them coming through to my gmail account. I have managed to filter some into the Junk folder but...

I have tried to contact the email list admin but I am unsure if I used the correct method b simply picking up the email list bounces address off one of the emails.
    Now when I tried sending an email to the list admin today from Evolution I find my password is not accepted so I can't send an email.
    What a disaster.
    I am very used to using email clients as I have to configure the client at work for other users when asked and I use four other email clients but, Evolution is proving to be a pig.
    If anyone know how to contact the Evolution list providers direct please let me know and I will email them from another client to have myself removed from the list.

Thanks.
    Ultimate Edition, based on Ubuntu, is the only way to go...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Evolution email is a pig...

Quote Originally Posted by dougalkerr View Post
    I decided to finally give Evolution a go since it comes on the Applications list. I have left off doing this for a long time and have always used the slightly more awkward route to external email clients.
    I used my gmail account and all seemed to go smoothly however, I don't know what I did but, I get emails from what looks like everyone that has a problem or comment about Evolution and can't stop them coming through to my gmail account. I have managed to filter some into the Junk folder but...

I have tried to contact the email list admin but I am unsure if I used the correct method b simply picking up the email list bounces address off one of the emails.
    Now when I tried sending an email to the list admin today from Evolution I find my password is not accepted so I can't send an email.
    What a disaster.
    I am very used to using email clients as I have to configure the client at work for other users when asked and I use four other email clients but, Evolution is proving to be a pig.
    If anyone know how to contact the Evolution list providers direct please let me know and I will email them from another client to have myself removed from the list.

Thanks.
    You complain about an e-mail client because you are subscribed to some list that sends you e-mails?

You don't provide any details of what the list is, or how - for some reason - your "password" is stopping you sending e-mails.

Unbelievable.
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Beans

Re: Evolution email is a pig...

Quote Originally Posted by dcstar View Post
    You complain about an e-mail client because you are subscribed to some list that sends you e-mails?

You don't provide any details of what the list is, or how - for some reason - your "password" is stopping you sending e-mails.

Unbelievable.

+1

Sounds to me like your problem is subscribing somewhere along the line to a mailing list.

If that is not your problem then your post needs to be made clearer i am afraid.

Though there seems to be an elitist following of mail clients and people will argue the points between thunderbird, evolution and the like i personally use Evolution to manage many accounts, 4 of which are gmail and it works flawlessly and fast and never like a pig.

As for the password issue, re-enter your correct pasword into the account settings to make sure.

If all else fails login to the webmail and send the mail to remove from the list ?
    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013