Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Issues with Splash Screen on Boot PowerBook G4?

Beans

Re: Issues with Splash Screen on Boot PowerBook G4?

Pretty much my entire linux knowledge is contained in this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1798792! (I've yet to incorporate your advice into it)

For youtube there are like a gazillion ways and everyone seems to have there personal opinion on what is best. Myself, I don't think you'll beat the firefox extension FlashVideoReplacer. Youtube is a phenomenon that has passed me by though and I rarely use it.

For general flash there is Gnash. You may want to install/compile the latest version.

I've also got good at finding the rtmp streams using wireshark so I can bypass flash for things like radio/tv streaming.

Basically, I can live without flash so I don't use any alternatives! The only thing I miss is audio/video clips on news sites.

Sorry don't use torrent stuff either!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Issues with Splash Screen on Boot PowerBook G4?

Thank You for the link. Not having Flash, I agree is missed when viewing sites with embedded video. I will try your suggestion. Gnash has not worked at all. I along with many others are anxiously awaiting HTML5 mainstream as a Flash killer.

Also, I tried Linux nosplash-powerpc during Stage 2 Boot for a successful Verbose Boot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12