Thread: Data Recovery Permissions

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Exclamation Data Recovery Permissions

Hey All,
    I've got a bit of a troubling issue that there has to be a relatively simple answer to... I hope :s

So, my other computer was a Mac... that is until the logic board failed and it abruptly went to sleep for the last time. Like an ABSOLUTE IDIOT, I didn't back anything up. I know, I know, if you can't afford to lose it... BACK IT UP! Believe me, I've been drilling that into my brain for the last 2 weeks.

Fortunately, the hard drive was not damaged. I know this because I ordered an enclosure that showed up today. I took the removed hard drive from the Mac and place it in the enclosure, plugged it in, and fired it up. Much to my surprise, everything is still there! Yay!

The problem: I am being told I do not have the proper permissions to access the files! Blast! Another hurdle!

I would hate to think I went to all this effort for nothing. Can someone PLEASE tell me how to reset the permissions from within Ubuntu 11.04? Is it possible? Let me know. Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Data Recovery Permissions

Anyone? Does anyone know how to do this? I tried giving myself root access in the terminal and that didn't work.