Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: HP Touchpad

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: HP Touchpad

Quote Originally Posted by u-noob-tu View Post
    also, I'm pretty sure I read on HP website that the touchpad has an LED display, but someone here said it has IPS. Which is it?
    It's an IPS display with LED backlighting.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

posting this from Ubuntu on webOS Touchpad right now. Android port seems to be coming along. Then it'll be the best of all three! The only downside to this tablet is most users wont want to or know how to make it run smoother. there are some simple Tweaks that make it run alot better and as smooth as th iPad even! Using Ubuntu on it has some great plusses, but definately not optimal for touch input for sure.
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    Registered Ubuntu User #30633
    Ubuntu 10.10 P4 2.66 2MB DDR2 2x40Gig

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

does anyone else have issues with the touchpad just being downright laggy? Its getting annoying. I open an app and it won't respond to touches for at about 30 seconds. I had heard about it before I got it, but I didn't think it would be this bad. I have the latest 3.0.2 update, which promised speed fixes.
    "Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." ~Voltaire

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by akand074 View Post
    I don't particularly see the needs of a Tablet. I mean, my phone can do everything the tablet could do. The only thing is, I do find times where I would like a bigger screen, without particularly needing an entire laptop. Which is why something like a padfone is what I would probably love to get. But not now, probably a new product next year running Ice Cream Sandwich natively. This is because Ice Cream Sandwich will run on both the phone and the tablet so it'd have better integration, plus the possibility of them adding USB input ports to the tablet since it's supported. And then I'd be getting a new phone and a new tablet together.

Why not just get something like Samsung Galaxy Note?

does anyone else have issues with the touchpad just being downright laggy? Its getting annoying. I open an app and it won't respond to touches for at about 30 seconds. I had heard about it before I got it, but I didn't think it would be this bad. I have the latest 3.0.2 update, which promised speed fixes.
    Have you installed preware and applied patches? Have you overclocked to 1.5Ghz. If no then you should do it. Solves most issues I had with it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=16

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html
    Last edited by gillza; September 7th, 2011 at 05:10 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Have you turned down the system logging? If you have a Skype account or are able to pair the TouchPad to a webOS phone: Dial ##LOGS# on the dialer, clear the logs, and set to minimal logging. There are other fixes using Preware but that's the only "speed" fix I applied.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

man, all that tweaking made a significant difference. Especially the overclocking. Applications open much faster.
    "Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." ~Voltaire

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I know this is an old thread but I figured I would give it a go. Has anyone put cyanogen on a touchpad? They are cheap tablets on ebay and from what i've seen so far they run prettty welll, but wouldn't mind somebody confirming that....

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmag+c View Post
    I know this is an old thread but I figured I would give it a go. Has anyone put cyanogen on a touchpad? They are cheap tablets on ebay and from what i've seen so far they run prettty welll, but wouldn't mind somebody confirming that....

Thanks.
    Yes I am running CM9 on touchpad. it is very simle to do. just go to www.rootzwiki.com and find a tutorial there.It runs great, but drains battery faster than webos a bit.
    Crackers don't matter!
    Asus G53SX-A1 with Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by gillza View Post
    Yes I am running CM9 on touchpad. it is very simle to do. just go to www.rootzwiki.com and find a tutorial there.It runs great, but drains battery faster than webos a bit.
    could you define 'a bit'?

Sorry to be picky but I don't want to drop money without confirmation.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmag+c View Post
    could you define 'a bit'?

Sorry to be picky but I don't want to drop money without confirmation.
    I dont remember how long webos lasts on full charge... something like 7 days on standby. Android lats 4days on standby with wireless off. That is the best I can tell you. Also touchpad in android has issues with charging from computer usb. In addition it has issues transfering files since mass storage is disabled and only works through MTP. Youll have to do some tinkering on your computer.

p.s. typing this from touchpad overclocked to 1.7ghz in cm9.
    Crackers don't matter!
    Asus G53SX-A1 with Ubuntu

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast