Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 330

Thread: Accounts <50 posts permissions changes : dealing with spam.

  1. #131
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

    Re: I suddenly don't have the permissions to access my own User CP on this site?

    Quote Originally Posted by s.fox View Post
    Doing so will be perceived as spam and is likely to result in your accounts being infracted.
    And we will then be forced to raise the post count even higher. Perhaps rather then making everyone suffer we should raise the required bean count for kenny2009 and PapaGary to 500 ?
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

    #ubuntuforums web interface

  2. #132
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    .mx
    Beans
    4
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: Accounts <50 posts permissions changes : dealing with spam.

    Nice.
    And I logged last week after years just to customize my profile =S

    Seriously though, do i need only 50 posts or i need to be logging each month besides the posts?

    And whatever happened to my posts? Lost all of them from 2006.

  3. #133
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Denmark - Scandinavia
    Beans
    17,619
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Accounts <50 posts permissions changes : dealing with spam.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iker Höek View Post
    Nice.
    And I logged last week after years just to customize my profile =S

    Seriously though, do i need only 50 posts or i need to be logging each month besides the posts?

    And whatever happened to my posts? Lost all of them from 2006.
    You can easily get 50 beans by helping out in the beginners forum.

    The lost post/beans is properly when we archive old post and threads. We all lost beans in the process.
    elementary OS Luna
    My Screenshot

  4. #134
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Not heaven... Iowa
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: I suddenly don't have the permissions to access my own User CP on this site?

    Quote Originally Posted by kenny2009 View Post
    Since I am no longer using 10.04 I thought I would update it... Guess it's time to make some useless posts to get my post count up to 50?
    There ARE other ways to make that happen
    (that don't involve infractions)...
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad] [Sub-forum]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net

  5. #135
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Toe-puke-uh, Kansas, USA
    Beans
    156
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: I suddenly don't have the permissions to access my own User CP on this site?

    Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    Perhaps rather then making everyone suffer we should raise the required bean count for kenny2009 and PapaGary to 500 ?
    Touche!

  6. #136
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Missouri
    Beans
    26
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: I suddenly don't have the permissions to access my own User CP on this site?

    Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    And we will then be forced to raise the post count even higher. Perhaps rather then making everyone suffer we should raise the required bean count for kenny2009 and PapaGary to 500 ?
    I just don't understand why obviously legit users have to suffer. I've had an account here for years and never spammed once. Now I suffer the same fate as spammers??
    Last edited by kenny2009; September 13th, 2011 at 12:34 AM.

  7. #137
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Porirua, New Zealand
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: I suddenly don't have the permissions to access my own User CP on this site?

    Quote Originally Posted by kenny2009 View Post
    I just don't understand why obviously legit users have to suffer. I've had an account here for years and never spammed once. Now I suffer the same fate as spammers??
    Don't worry, the beans and posts will come. I remember when making it to the 100 mark was a big deal for me, then 500, then 1000, and eventually "my beans are hidden."
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Never assume that information you find using a search engine is up-to-date.

  8. #138
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Not heaven... Iowa
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: I suddenly don't have the permissions to access my own User CP on this site?

    Quote Originally Posted by kenny2009 View Post
    Now I suffer the same fate as spammers??
    Hardly... spammers are eventually discovered and banned.
    As a sidenote, reporting spammers will also gain you beans...
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad] [Sub-forum]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net

  9. #139
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Shadow Gallery
    Beans
    6,815

    Re: I suddenly don't have the permissions to access my own User CP on this site?

    Quote Originally Posted by Iowan View Post
    Hardly... spammers are eventually discovered and banned.
    As a sidenote, reporting spammers will also gain you beans...
    how does reporting spammers gain you beans ?

    i report spam all the time and it never effects bean count, i mean i dont care, im just interested in what you said ?

    cheers
    Feel Free to Bitcoin Tip: 135Rp4pwwYTHEJ4u8bxKaDQiC91N9LUoV2

    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

  10. #140
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Beans
    10,277
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: I suddenly don't have the permissions to access my own User CP on this site?

    I don't believe it does gain you beans, I've just checked

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •