Thread: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error Problem

Beans

Question org.freedesktop.DBus.Error Problem

My Ubuntu 11.04 system has a WD 320 GB HD (SATA - SDA) and 3 GB RAM. I've put in a second HD. The second drive is a Samsung 80 GB (IDE Secondary Slave - SDB). Most of the drive is NTFS with a small partition of FAT32 (HP Recovery). I'm trying to recover information from it but it gives me this error message. Does anyone know what it means and how I might get by it to access the data on the drive??? I've searched the Internet high and low for three days now and haven't been able to find anything about how to fix it. I truly appreciate all the help offered. Thanks in advance. An error occurred while accessing 'HP_PAVILION', the system responded: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken. I don't know why none of my Mozilla stuff is working on here. For some reason I can't change the formating of any of the text or add emoticons. Strange. Sorry. I think that I accidentally put this in the wrong section.
    Last edited by danix803; August 31st, 2011 at 05:43 AM. Reason: I believe that this is in the wrong section. It's not a laptop.