Thread: One-button mouse troubles

Beans

One-button mouse troubles

Hi to everyone, this is my first post and I'm very happy to be using ubuntu and this forum! I am new to linux and running Natty Narwhal on a MacMini. So far things have run smoothly, but I can't get the right-click emulation to work with my ancient one-button mouse (from the olden days of G4). I've tried changing the accessibility settings as well as using F12, F11, and F2 to no avail. Any ideas? Would it be better to simply get a cheap USB 2-button mouse? Cheers!

Beans

Re: One-button mouse troubles

Quote Originally Posted by ceiba.naku View Post
    Hi to everyone, this is my first post and I'm very happy to be using ubuntu and this forum! I am new to linux and running recording school on a MacMini. So far things have run smoothly, but I can't get the right-click emulation to work with my ancient one-button mouse (from the olden days of G4). I've tried changing the recording studio indiana accessibility settings as well as using F12, F11, and F2 to no avail. Any ideas? Would it be better to simply get a cheap USB 2-button mouse? Cheers!
    You have tried holding down Control and clicking?
    Last edited by radkins2; September 3rd, 2011 at 07:27 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: One-button mouse troubles

I personally never had any trouble with using F12 to right-click except when messing with accessibility settings - I am, however using the ancient PowerPC-based Apples. Just thought I'd chime in with a recommendation for the least expensive Logitech 2-button mouse w/scroll wheel from your local MalWart ($9.98 where I'm at) - works great - if you end up buying a two-button one. 8)
    "Freely you have received, freely give" Matthew 10:8