Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to change the font style

Beans

Re: How to change the font style

Here

Try this

- View ---> Character encoding---> ( UTF - 8 ) or ( Arabic Windows 1256)

Last edited by picolo33; August 28th, 2011 at 01:29 PM.

Beans

or maybe you have to download

the arabic mozilla firefox

here

- unzip it

- and run it from " firefox "

- change fonts

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by malsubhi View Post
    Thank you
    When I remove the check it works, but only with English sites. In Arabic sites still no change.
    I don't know what shall I do. did all settings right but still they use their fonts??
    Well,I'm not an Arabic speaker (or reader) except for a few, so I'm really not sure. In addition to what picolo33 has recommended, you could check in the software center under "fonts" for some nice Arabic fonts and set those as the default.

From my experience with Hebrew and Greek (I'm a Bible student), I've often observed that many fonts do not have support for non-Latin/Cyrillic characters, and pull in a set from another font that has them. I haven't looked at Arabic fonts for a while, but if I recall correctly, I think Liberation Serif had a very attractive Arabic font (coming from someone who doesn't read it).

You might try using an Arabic sample text in a word Processor and changing fonts until you find one that you like and using that in Firefox, or searching the software center for nice Arabic fonts.

Beans

Thank you for your help

I got alarabiya font for Arabic site it is the best one now. And I just download Chrome which is support Arabic site better than FF.

I am keep trying and I am looking for simplified Arabic font, and of course I will leave a feedback.

Thank you again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12