Thread: Embedding audio visualizations?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Question Embedding audio visualizations?

There has GOT to be a way to use the visualization plugins (that are used in Rhythmbox, Totem Movie Player, etc...) for desktop screenlets or GNOME Panel Applets or some way to embed them. I know nothing about these files or how they are used and applied to things, but i see no gadgets for audioscopes or anything audioscope related in the Microsoft Windows 7 gadgets, google desktop widgets or gadgets or whatever, or screenlets. It would be awesome if someone could make(or one already exists somewhere) a screenlet that uses the libvisual audio visualizations that already exist in our filesystems, or MUCH better yet yould be a way to embed it into a gnome desktop or create an applet for the gnome panel. I have no experience with the new Ubuntu distros beyond lucid at this point, but perhaps soon we will have this type of feature included in a later version. I would personally prefer if it were a gnome related thing. Like if GNOME could use "live wallpapers" like in the Android OS.

Any input on this subject would be appreciated.
    Thank You,
    Chris
    Last edited by robot_chicken_parm; August 27th, 2011 at 01:35 AM. Reason: gramatical error