Thread: 60°C on idle a little advice

Beans

Question 60°C on idle a little advice

I'm starting to get very bored of ubuntu, linux and of my Dell studio 1537 =_=
    It seems that only windows works -.-
    I've installed ubunto 11.04 everything works, except for a glinch of the graphic card (ATI mobility HD 3450 and catalyst 11.7) that every time I move a window seems like the animation is laggy and opengl is activated becuse with Code:
    glxinfo | grep direct
    I have Code:
    direct rendering: Yes
    but this is not my BIG problem....

I start to notice that the fan doesn't work, or better they are really slow and the notebook is really HOT...
    so I installed xsensor and use the command sudo sensors-detect
    I reboot
    and the only sensor I see are:
    acpi
    coretemp
    coretemp
    and in acpi there are temp1 temp2 temp3
    really too generic, isn't it?
    the main problem is theat I have 50°C on temp1 and 70°C on coretemp
    TOO HOT my notebook can really fuse with this temp and I can't use it well because it's too hot to touch the keyboard...
    I think that the problem is the ACPI/DSDT but I don't know how to patch it...and I can't find a pre-patched DSDT for my laptopt...I don't know what to do except return to windows...

I've tested on win with cpu-temp I have 49°C in idle, on linux I have 61°C with xsensors (cpu temp)
    Kernel is 2.6.38-10-generic
    and with the system in idle without any app open I have cpu1 9.8% and cpu2 8.2%
    the strange thing is that the coretemp seems stopped at 61°C sometime it low on 60°C and come back to 61°C

Plase help me
    thanks in advance

Beans

Re: 60°C on idle a little advice

no one?