Thread: DSL-G604T Wireless Slow/Dropped Email Connection?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Unhappy DSL-G604T Wireless Slow/Dropped Email Connection?

Two Days ago I setup the above. Now I have problems (wired to main pc) I cannot get my email through. It struggles to send and fails consistently to get mail. Running 11.04 'Natty' - All updates done, Connects to Net of but now not to email (Evo). Gmail is my main account, with Xnet ISP in NZ here.
    I have tried to find an answer here but struggle with the 'techno side'

Xnet said i had "noise" on the line that was causing a problem and suggested contacting Telecom to check the line. Yet to do so and fail to see whats change from the old Modem Router to the new one modem router?

If you can guess whats happened here then please let me know.

Cheers
    Chris
    NZ
    Just a reminder please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate.Registered Linux User No.534852

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: DSL-G604T Wireless Slow/Dropped Email Connection?

Still no go. Simple will not connect at all. All the basic settings show correct and tested telephone line and rest port at local exchange.

Called Xnet again at 4:10pm, talked to another tech guy - who thought I it was a MS software problem! After removing the power, reseting the setup for the .....? time it went? Well it went, then my system (PC) was trying to catchup!! No Web pages for 20mins, Skype worked again! There is Life! (in a kind of Frankstein moment)
    REbooted PC and all seems to be going....again.

Weired and weider

Haveing fun is always the 'grace of the gods! me thinks?
    Last edited by ChrisNZ; December 26th, 2011 at 04:01 AM.
    Just a reminder please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate.Registered Linux User No.534852