Thread: Software center not working

Beans

Software center not working

Please i need attention
    i have tried all i can,including all the replies on this issue,yet it does not work,each time i run software-update on the terminal, it returns an error erxes@ubuntu:~$ 2011-08-30 23:08:40,313 - softwarecenter.backend.scagent - WARNING - error in query_info 'Operation not supported'
    2011-08-30 23:08:40,315 - softwarecenter.db.update - WARNING - error: Operation not supported

How do i go about this?cous i cant download any application.
    thanks

Beans

Re: Software Sources and Synaptic Package Manager won't run

I read and tried all the post concerning software source and synaptic pack manager,but it jst wont work.....tried using 'gksu synaptic'....no reply,not even an error report......even 'gksu synaptic'.....im runing my ubuntu as a desktop,what will i do now?Im new to this and im having serious problems trying to work with it.......what do i do about it?

Beans

Re: Ubuntu software center wont work properly(11.04)

Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-x-sw...amd64/Packages 404 Not Found
    please what does this error sign indicate?it happen when use sudo apt-get update...and my software center wont work

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Ubuntu software center wont work properly(11.04)

The threads you posted in were old, so I moved your posts to their own thread.

You can find the other threads here, here and here.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...