Page 126 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1362

Thread: HowTo: Windows (XP) on Ubuntu with VMWare Server

Beans

Exclamation Re: HowTo: Windows (XP) on Ubuntu with VMWare Server

These are the errors which I am getting:
    /usr/lib/vmware-server/bin/vmware: /usr/lib/vmware-server/lib/libgcc_s.so.1/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_3.4' not found (required by /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2)
    /usr/lib/vmware-server/bin/vmware: /usr/lib/vmware-server/lib/libpng12.so.0/libpng12.so.0: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2)
    /usr/lib/vmware-server/bin/vmware: /usr/lib/vmware-server/lib/libgcc_s.so.1/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.2.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6)
    /usr/lib/vmware-server/bin/vmware: /usr/lib/vmware-server/lib/libgcc_s.so.1/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_3.4' not found (required by /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2)
    /usr/lib/vmware-server/bin/vmware: /usr/lib/vmware-server/lib/libpng12.so.0/libpng12.so.0: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2)
    /usr/lib/vmware-server/bin/vmware: /usr/lib/vmware-server/lib/libgcc_s.so.1/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.2.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6)

Please help me out to solve this issue

Beans

Re: HowTo: Windows (XP) on Ubuntu with VMWare Server

I'm new...where to download the vmware server? I'm using Xubuntu, I can't find WMware in Add/Remove, I see several components in Synaptic Package Manager under the vmware catalog but none of them looks like the thing.

When install WinXP, does VMware reqire a certain information of winxp version? I wish to install an extra-mini-xp, it cut off xp's nonsenses, keeps only the nessesoray components. So, the version and the CD's name doesn't match standard xp. Is it a problem?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by imjscn View Post
    I'm new...where to download the vmware server? I'm using Xubuntu, I can't find WMware in Add/Remove, I see several components in Synaptic Package Manager under the vmware catalog but none of them looks like the thing.

When install WinXP, does VMware reqire a certain information of winxp version? I wish to install an extra-mini-xp, it cut off xp's nonsenses, keeps only the nessesoray components. So, the version and the CD's name doesn't match standard xp. Is it a problem?
    See if this link helps with the VMWare part :

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=779934

Good luck with the rest, no comment on legality ... but I do not think you are "allowed" by the EULA to do that (so please do not look to the Ubuntu forms for support of the modified windows thing).
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Ninar,

Thanks for the fix. I didn't have the second error though. I used the following installation procedure at:

http://www.iki.fi/kuparine/comp/ubuntu/en/server.html

coupled with your fix. The build is on an Acer Aspire 7520 laptop.

Thanks again, good work.

Fred

Beans

Hi Everyone,

Here are the errors I got after installing the vmware package. Everything seemed okay, no noticeable errors. Any help on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!!

image@image-desktop:~$ vmware
    /usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware: /usr/lib/vmware/lib/libgcc_s.so.1/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_3.4' not found (required by /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2)
    /usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware: /usr/lib/vmware/lib/libgcc_s.so.1/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.2.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6)
    /usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware: /usr/lib/vmware/lib/libgcc_s.so.1/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_3.4' not found (required by /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2)
    /usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware: /usr/lib/vmware/lib/libgcc_s.so.1/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.2.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6)
    image@image-desktop:~$

Thanks again!

Kurt

Beans
    Hidden!

Question Re: HowTo: Windows (XP) on Ubuntu with VMWare Server (Hardy Heron)

How do I install VMWare Server in Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: HowTo: Windows (XP) on Ubuntu with VMWare Server (Hardy Heron)

Quote Originally Posted by tdn View Post
    How do I install VMWare Server in Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron?
    There is a sticky in the Virtualization forums.

How to VMWare in Ubuntu 8.04 - Ubuntu Forums
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by fishman78 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Here are the errors I got after installing the vmware package. Everything seemed okay, no noticeable errors. Any help on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!!

image@image-desktop:~$ vmware
    image@image-desktop:~$

Thanks again!

Kurt
    There are a number of solutions posted in various locations.

Code:
    sudo rm /usr/lib/vmware/lib/libgcc_s.so.1/libgcc_s.so.1

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

would i be able to setup vmware to run an already installed version of xp within ubuntu? i'm currently dual booting with xp and ubuntu 8.04. i would think it wouldn't be that difficult to run vmware and use my current installation of xp to run instead of installing xp again within vmware.

::edit:: i would normally look for a solution in the thread, but there are just WAY too many pages to go thru efficiently, or if someone can point me at least to a certain page of the thread to find an answer would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by borlosky; July 11th, 2008 at 05:06 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by borlosky View Post
    would i be able to setup vmware to run an already installed version of xp within ubuntu? i'm currently dual booting with xp and ubuntu 8.04. i would think it wouldn't be that difficult to run vmware and use my current installation of xp to run instead of installing xp again within vmware.

::edit:: i would normally look for a solution in the thread, but there are just WAY too many pages to go thru efficiently, or if someone can point me at least to a certain page of the thread to find an answer would be greatly appreciated.
    It is experimental, but it may be possible.

Page 126 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast