Re: HowTo: Windows (XP) on Ubuntu with VMWare Server
I can't figure out what's going on with your system. It looks like you only have the vmware services installed, not the graphical console.
Originally Posted by computerjunkie
Let's go back to the start.
1. From the vmware site, get a serial number.
2. From the vmware site, download the package: VMware-server-1.0.3[etc] .tar.gz
3. Unpack the package to, say, a directory on the desktop
4. Change to the directory you created and run the installer
5. Use synaptic package manager to upgrade the kernels for Feisty.
VMware services will be started automatically. To run the console, a menu item should be under Applications-System Tools (though mine got lost when I upgraded to Feisty). So I. as you were doing, start from the console or a short cut.
So, is there anything in there that doesn't sound familiar?
Ubuntu 9.04 64bit on Dell Vostro 1510, Core2 Duo T8100, Nvidia 8400M , Intel 1395 Wireless.
OK: Wireless, kvm, Canon irc2880, Synergy.