Thread: Apache Upgrade on 10.04 LTS

Hybrid View

Beans

Apache Upgrade on 10.04 LTS

Good morning

I am currently trying to upgrade the Apache installation on our server from v2.2.14 to v2.2.19 using:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/install.html as a guide.

Unfortunately I seem to have hit some walls. When trying to execute ./config.nice I get the following error:

./config.nice: 33: /build/buildd/apache2-2.2.14/configure: not found

Google have not yielded any results as yet. If I leave out this step and use configure, make and make install, v2.2.19 gets installed, but to a different directory and all the config will need to be reformatted as it seems it does not use the Ubuntu Apache config structure.

I hope this all makes sense and I hope someone can guide me in the right direction.

Thanks

Beans

Re: Apache Upgrade on 10.04 LTS

It seems I over thought the problem, adding the sources from later versions and then installing apache updated the version and solved my problems.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by HannesBenson View Post
    It seems I over thought the problem, adding the sources from later versions and then installing apache updated the version and solved my problems.
    Please could you explain how you did this, I'm confused.
    Last edited by ravingmad; August 29th, 2011 at 03:19 PM.

Beans

I wasn't able to upgrade all the way to 2.2.19, but adding the 10.10 repos to 10.04 allowed me to install Apache 2.2.16. I did try installing 2.2.19 by adding the Oneiric repos, but there were some issues with dependencies and since this was required on a production server I did not try and mangle the whole OS install.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by HannesBenson View Post
    I wasn't able to upgrade all the way to 2.2.19, but adding the 10.10 repos to 10.04 allowed me to install Apache 2.2.16. I did try installing 2.2.19 by adding the Oneiric repos, but there were some issues with dependencies and since this was required on a production server I did not try and mangle the whole OS install.
    Thanks for the reply Hannes, I'll give it a whirl. Is 2.2.16 performing ok for you?

Beans

I am quite happy with the performance thus far. I will soon do a comparison in performance between 2.2.16 and 2.2.19 as I have a testing machine with similar hardware config running 2.2.19.