Thread: Need help fixing a few problems on ubuntu 11.04 classic version

Beans

Need help fixing a few problems on ubuntu 11.04 classic version

I'm currently running Ubunutu 11.04 classic version. My main problem is when i close my netbooks screen, I have it set to g into sleep mode, but instead it falls into a kinda blank state where the screen goes black and the CAPS lock indicator starts flashing. My wifi indicator goes red as well. Also, when I go to reboot my computer, a lot of my shortcuts i put into tabs around my screen disappear when i open it back up. It appears that only internet links are failing. One more issue, this will probably seem trivial, but the applet that allows me to view my current open windows down at the bottom of my screen won't expand to cover the rest of the toolbar, when i have mutiple tabs open, the applet get jammed togethor in one small area. There appears to be a line blocking its extension when i turn the panel transparent, I was wondering if any of you could tell me how to expand my windows reader applet to the entire panel. Any help is greatly appreciated, I am slowly learning how to use ubuntu. Much thanks, Arendyl

Beans

Re: Need help fixing a few problems on ubuntu 11.04 classic version

flashing caps lock is an indication of a kernel panic, which is pretty consistent with your other reports.

We'll need to know more about your hardware and, for example, your wireless card and driver. But to begin, I'd do a backup of your /home and reinstall. Note also that 11.04 is still in beta (I think), so you might have better luck with a much more stable 10.04.

Let us know what happens.