Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Google Drive and Insync - some problems with file names

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Beans
    9

    Google Drive and Insync - some problems with file names

    With Ubuntu One closing and Google lowering the prices of the Google Drive storage (15G free) I decided to try this as a replacement for Ubuntu One. I ran into one problem with the synchronization stalling on file names with non UTF8 characters. Once these where corrected it seems to work very well.

    Here is the script I used to fix the file names

    Code:
    find /path/to/files -type f -print0 | \
    perl -n0e '$new = $_; if($new =~ s/[^[:ascii:]]/_/g) {
      print("Renaming $_ to $new\n"); rename($_, $new);
    }'

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Beans
    1

    Re: Google Drive and Insync - some problems with file names

    Hey there, we're providing a free migration for this exact problem. Blatant plug, but our service, Mover, specializes in migrating and backing up cloud platforms and we just announced our support for Ubuntu One. Here's a link to our announcement. https://blog.mover.io/2014/04/15/rescuing-ubuntu-one/

    Apologies for the spam but I think we can save you some headache.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •