Thread: Linuxdc++ deleted all my files from the downloads folder

Beans

Linuxdc++ deleted all my files from the downloads folder

There is some serious issue with the latest version of LinuxDC++ (version: 1.2.0~pre1~bzr Core version: 0.75). I have upgraded to the latest version a few days back from launchpad repos due to the frequent crashes and system hang-ups. My complete and incomplete downloads folder are same. While my download was going on, LinuxDC++ deleted all the files from the downloads folder.

After about half an hour of tweaking, I updated my database using updatedb, and found my files in ~/.dc++/Filelists/anantwqqwe.BMIU2NFCFXB7ERTSG62PRSQPRJIN63A56EEGO6Q . What does that supposed to mean and why its doing this way?

This is the second time this has happened to me, the last time I was unable to locate the deleted files on my system and I suppose they were not there.

I use 64-bit Ubuntu 10.10(maverick). I googled but didnt find any similar posts. Please help me to know if there is a fix. Thank you.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Linuxdc++ deleted all my files from the downloads folder

as the version says: pre-1, meaning very rough coding actually. So test/use this into a safe place like testing partition or virtualbox or else.

Beans

Re: Linuxdc++ deleted all my files from the downloads folder

Hi dino thanks for the reply. Alright so I have to live with it, do you have the fix for frequent crashes of the Ubuntu supported version of LinuxDC++? Well I don't really have a problem with the crashes, I can anyways restart it, but many times it freezes the system which compels me to force reboot. (painstaking). Let me know if you can look into it and come up with something. Thanks