Thread: Rosetta Stone 4 TOTALe on 11.04

Beans

Rosetta Stone 4 TOTALe on 11.04

Hi,

Not long ago I stuck Ubuntu 11.04 on my girlfriend's laptop. So far so good, it's working much better for her than Vista was.

Now she wants to install Rosetta Stone 4 TOTALe. Actually it might be two copies, one on my box and one on hers. I need to learn Spanish, she needs to learn English.

I know it can be done, but I'm after the most pain-free mechanism for a non-expert. I really would like to avoid a VMware install, but does Crossover Office gain any advantage?

Her system is a laptop with a built-in webcam, mine is a desktop with an external USB webcam. Those are the only available microphones.

Thanks.

Beans

Re: Rosetta Stone 4 TOTALe on 11.04

For that matter, has anyone tried the online version?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I know Rosetta stone 3.2 works good in wine.Not sure about 4 you can check the wine db to see

Beans

Wine db says garbage, and the Crossover db says untested.

I tried the online demo, and it seems to work really well. But that doesn't use a microphone, which I understand is the big PITA for Rosetta.

Do you know what it's written in? If this is just something written in Java for example, that would really make things simple.

Beans

I was hoping that the "untested" part would mean that it was so easy nobody bothered to report back.