Thread: Skype Install Error - Incorrect Architecture

Beans

Skype Install Error - Incorrect Architecture

I have installed Ubuntu and updated (I think). I have downloaded latest Skype for Linux (Beta) and try to install through Software Manager and get error message "incorrect architecture".

I have tried 32 and 64 bit versions - can't seem to install it. Any ideas what I should try?
    Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Skype Install Error - Incorrect Architecture

If I'm not mistaken, there is a version in the repositories. Why not use that?
    If you don't make backups of your important data, your data is obviously not important to you.

Beans

Thanks - I certainly didn't see it.

When you say Repositories - do you mean Installed Apps, Available Apps, or something else entirely?

Sorry for the basic questions, but I have used Windows since the dawn of time!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by silvercue View Post
    Thanks - I certainly didn't see it.

When you say Repositories - do you mean Installed Apps, Available Apps, or something else entirely?

Sorry for the basic questions, but I have used Windows since the dawn of time!!
    open "ubuntu software center" and search skype... it shud come up... or open "synaptic package manager" and search for skype ther. both of those use the repositories to get their list of software. think of them as an "app store" if that helps. cept we had it first! and its 99% free software(tho is prob closer to 100%)...

**note: both use the same repositories, so u can use either. software center is more user friendly, but package manager handles dependencies better(in my opinion), but as tht shudnt b an issue with skype, id use the software center...
    Last edited by androssofer; August 23rd, 2011 at 09:08 AM.
    "Those who make peaceful protest impossible make violent revolution inevitable"

Beans

Fixed, following advice above- thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Great. Please mark your thread as solved using the thread tools just above the first post on this page.
    If you don't make backups of your important data, your data is obviously not important to you.