Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: ASUS u36sd support thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: ASUS u36sd support thread

Quote Originally Posted by dirtylobster View Post
    Anyone using 13.04? Is it worth upgprading from 12.04?
    I just did that. The step from 12.04 to 12.10 made the "launcher" on the left and the top bar disappear from Unity, and they are still gone in 13.04. I have not yet figured out how to fix this

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I'm planning to do a clean install if I do it. How's all the hardware working? USB3, suspend, hotkeys etc?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by crysman View Post
    Hmm, it seems the USB3 port stops working when you suspend. After resuming, only USB ports on the left are working.

In addition, it also seems that the memory card reader stops working after resume!!

This might be a bug... Anybody could confirm?
    #crysman
    Here - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1977033 - is a year old thread about suspend issues with usb3. I actually haven't tried usb3 under ubuntu yet, would be nice if it can be made to work reasonably well.

(I just discovered usb3 stop working after suspending under win7 for me, but then it functions as a usb2 port, it doesn't stop working all together. But the win7 drivers have been very buggy and nearly useless with my WD Elements 2" drive. Now it's not disconnected immediately when trying to write to it at least, but it's nearly as slow as using usb2.)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by dirtylobster View Post
    I'm planning to do a clean install if I do it. How's all the hardware working? USB3, suspend, hotkeys etc?
    There's some info here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Asus_U36SD (I can't see right now if it has already been mentioned in this thread), but it doesn't say anything about Ubuntu 13.04 (yet).
    Suspend seems to work, i.e. it comes back to life after having the lid closed. The USB3 port (on the right) works here, both before and after suspend. Suspend and USB3 may be affected by fixes I applied in an earlier Ubuntu version according to the above link since I upgraded and did not install from scratch, so I suppose some settings may be left from before.
    I have solved my issues with Unity now - check here how I did it: http://askubuntu.com/questions/28823.../289498#289498
    The only weird thing left for now is that the WiFi indicator light is inverted: it's off when WiFi is on and vice versa. BTW, the WiFi hotkey works - I haven't checked the others.

Beans

I noticed the same problem with the reversed wifi light on a clean install of 13.4.

Beans

I've searched everywhere, but either I don't know the right keywords or nobody else has had this problem.

My laptop has functioned perfectly for nearly 2 years from 11.04 to 12.10, release-wise. I attempted to format recently and decided to tool around with elementary OS (Ubuntu-based). My live USB stick (latest image + Unetbootin) worked perfectly, but when I installed it my touchpad wouldn't work, I couldn't get any of my USB devices (multiple flash drives and a mouse) to be recognized, and when I attempted to connect to wifi to download updates (no ethernet available in this dorm) I found out that the OS wasn't even recognizing the hardware.

I thought it might just be elementary OS, so I tried remaking the USB stick with a 12.10 image I have backed up and when that didn't work I tried it with a 13.04 image I grabbed at the library. Same problem. No touchpad, no wifi hardware, can't mount any media (manually as well). I have no idea how to fix this. I'm not entirely clear on what kinds of logs and outputs might be helpful in diagnosing my issue, but I'll provide any that are necessary.

I'd greatly appreciate any advice that you could possible provide. Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Question Xubuntu 13.10 causes higher temperatures and fan always on after hibernation

Hello,

does anyone know how to solve this (higher temperatures and fan always on after resume from hibernation) problem?

I am hibernating via
    Code:
    sudo pm-hibernate
    Normally, I have around 50°C (acpitz-virtual-0), but after resuming from hibernation it's persistently around 66°C. My CPU is almost idle all the time

I have bumblebee installed and running.
    --
    crysman, running Xubuntu

Beans

Hi, I'm running 13.04 (Raring) and everything works perfectly on Asus U36SD after installing support for Bumblebee, prior to that I had really bad battery life because NVidia gpu was running all the time. Now with NVidia powered off I get excellent battery life with Intel graphic card.

I have one really irritating issue, sound just stops working! My audio mixer works, volume keys work, but there is just no sound. If I reboot into bios and turn volume in bios (this is first time I see volume control in bios) then sometimes audio plays trough speakers...

I use suspend a lot but this happens also when I completely power off and power on Asus U36SD.

Any ideas how to fix this audio issue?!?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by valentt View Post
    I have one really irritating issue, sound just stops working! My audio mixer works, volume keys work, but there is just no sound. If I reboot into bios and turn volume in bios (this is first time I see volume control in bios) then sometimes audio plays trough speakers...
    I use suspend a lot but this happens also when I completely power off and power on Asus U36SD.
    Any ideas how to fix this audio issue?!?
    Are you running genuine Ubuntu or some of its spins? Because e.g. in case of Xubuntu it might be a problem related to this...
    What do you mean by volume in BIOS? I have no such a thing in my BIOS...
    And one extra question: aren't you experiencing any temperature/fan issues as I do after hibernation?
    Last edited by crysman; December 7th, 2013 at 12:47 PM. Reason: hyperlink fix
    --
    crysman, running Xubuntu

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435