Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: ASUS u36sd support thread

Beans

Re: ASUS u36sd support thread

Quote Originally Posted by adrien214 View Post
    Bustra,
    I remember a thread on the nvidia dev forums about a guy who successfully ran CUDA jobs with Ironhide/Bunblebee but I cannot seem to find it anymore.
    Thank you very much. I searched on the web but I did not find something.
    However, for those interested in runnig CUDA stuff with Bunblebee, here it comes my solution:
    -install cudatoolkit and gpucomputingsdk;
    -install Bunblebee;
    (I must say that, so far, I am not able to compile the deciceQuery script wich tells you if everything is all right with your Nvidia card. )
    -compile your file.cu with nvcc (e.g nvcc file.cu -o out.o)
    -run out.o with optirun ./out.o
    Bests,
    Bstr

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Haakon,

the controller usb-0 is fine but the one controlling the usb 3.0 port (usb-1) should be using the xhci driver and not the ehci like in your case, that's the problem, I belive but I have noclue how to fix this, maybe google "xhci ehci USB 3.0 driver" or something like that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I've also run into trouble with the USB 3 port. Before I try a solution, I want to post for posterity some of the symptoms I've been experiencing so that if someone else runs into the same problems, they'll have an idea of what is causing it.

If I plug my Logitec G11 keyboard into my USB 3 port, I get the following symptoms:

1. I get a kworker process eating the CPU up to about 75%.

2. Running "perf top" shows the kernel spending its time as follows:

Code:
                 samples  pcnt function                            DSO
                 _______ _____ ___________________________________ _________________

4740.00 26.9% acpi_os_read_port                   [kernel.kallsyms]
                 2768.00 15.7% acpi_ex_system_memory_space_handler [kernel.kallsyms]
                 1387.00  7.9% acpi_os_write_port                  [kernel.kallsyms]
                 1202.00  6.8% acpi_ns_search_one_scope            [kernel.kallsyms]
                  420.00  2.4% acpi_ns_check_for_predefined_name   [kernel.kallsyms]
                  342.00  1.9% intel_idle                          [kernel.kallsyms]
                  284.00  1.6% __ticket_spin_lock                  [kernel.kallsyms]
                  225.00  1.3% kmem_cache_alloc                    [kernel.kallsyms]
    Unplugging the keyboard does nothing.

Workaround: To get rid of the runaway kworker process, I put the laptop to sleep and resume.

Just like haakon, my USB 3 port is driven by ehci instead of xhci.

Beans

Hi

I'm relatively new to Ubuntu and definitely new to these forums.
    Since the upgrade to Precise, i haven't been able to put my asus u36sd to sleep. Hibernate mode doesn't work either.

Both those things worked fine under 11.10. I have followed the instructions on the Ubuntu help page regarding the problem with the USB buses, without any luck.

So my question is if some of you have any ideas to what might be the problem? I have read everything posted in this thread since the launch of 12.04 but if the solution was mentioned sometime before that, I apologize.

Beans
    Distro

Hi Emil, please follow the howto here. It's quite straighforward but don't hesitate to post if you encounter any trouble.

Beans

I have followed the instructions in the link without any success. Sleep and hibernate still doesn't work.

Do you have any other ideas? It is rather annoying to have to power off the computer every time I need the battery life.

Beans
    Distro

Hi Emil,
    not sure what happened here but it seems there are at least three version of the script around the thread...

this is the one I am running:

Code:
    BUSES="0000:00:1a.0 0000:00:1d.0"
    XHCIBUSES="0000:04:00.0"

case "${1}" in
        hibernate|suspend)
            # Switch USB buses off
            for bus in $BUSES; do
                echo -n $bus | tee /sys/bus/pci/drivers/ehci_hcd/unbind
            done
            for bus in $XHCIBUSES; do
                echo -n $bus | tee /sys/bus/pci/drivers/xhci_hcd/unbind
            done
            ;;
        resume|thaw)
            # Switch USB buses back on
            for bus in $BUSES; do
                echo -n $bus | tee /sys/bus/pci/drivers/ehci_hcd/bind
            done
            for bus in $XHCIBUSES; do
                echo -n $bus | tee /sys/bus/pci/drivers/xhci_hcd/bind
            done
            ;;
    esac
    the rest is the same as in the howto.

Beans

I erased a file in /etc/pm/sleep.d/ and that solved the problem and now it sleeps like a kitten

Thank you for the link adrien

Beans

I used suspend script as described in wiki. Laptop goes to suspend well now, but power button LED continue blinking and this bit annoying, is any way to remove blinking ? I like normal hibernate functionality when everything off, but hibernate not available. I use Gnome 3.

BTW. How to use left top button ? I pressed nothing happened, assume it servers for power mode changing.

Beans
    Hidden!

Here's how you set up the power mode switcher button: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post11786225

Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast