Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: ASUS u36sd support thread

Beans

Re: ASUS u36sd support thread

Has anyone managed to get HDMI output working with resolution set to 1920x1080? It seems to work perfectly fine with the VGA port, but on the HDMI port I can only get 1360x768.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I've had some trouble with my Wifi ever since I installed 11.04. If I use the network only by web browsing, chatting etc it works quite well, but when I do a heavy load by downloading major files, it only works for a few minutes before it stops responding. It is still connected, but it is no longer responding and all transfer speeds drops to 0, web pages wont load. I have to reconnect to the network in order to get it working again for a few minutes before it freezes again.

Anyone with a solution?

Beans

Is there a way to watch videos using vdpau with optimus?
    And have anyone compared power and cpu usage while using VA-API and vdpau? Perhaps I could just stop on VA-API, though never used it..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by M@s View Post
    I've had some trouble with my Wifi ever since I installed 11.04. If I use the network only by web browsing, chatting etc it works quite well, but when I do a heavy load by downloading major files, it only works for a few minutes before it stops responding. It is still connected, but it is no longer responding and all transfer speeds drops to 0, web pages wont load. I have to reconnect to the network in order to get it working again for a few minutes before it freezes again.

Anyone with a solution?
    this is not a support thread for networking. but my best guess is that it's not your computer. can you try downloading from another network to confirm this diagnose?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by M@s View Post

Anyone with a solution?
    I experienced this issue in 11.04 some times, but so far not in 11.10. Maybe you could experiment with the Live CD/USB stick to do some tests if the problem has been solved there?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by jadahl View Post
    I experienced this issue in 11.04 some times, but so far not in 11.10. Maybe you could experiment with the Live CD/USB stick to do some tests if the problem has been solved there?
    It seems to be working on the 11.10 Live! My previous experiences with 11.10 hasn't been too good, but I'll give it another try. Thanks!

Beans

Re: ASUS u36sd support thread - U36SD on 11.10

Quote Originally Posted by crysman View Post
    webcam - picture is upside-down (tested with Camorama version 0.19). LD_PRELOAD trick cannot be applied, because the path "..../libv4l/v4l1compat.so" is invalid on my system.--
    I use this trick to fix my webcam. Now my camera is not upside-down %)

Beans

First of all I'd like to thank you all for this thread. I was terrified about my battery lifetime when I've installed ubuntu 11.10 for the first time on my laptop. Fortunately it works much better now.

Anyway there is still one annoying issue which I can't manage to solve. Anytime I change brightness by fn keys it returns the default brightness after a while. For example, when I use the batter saving script written by one of you and set maximum brightness it comes back automatically to minimum brightness within 15 seconds.

Have you ever encountered this problem ?

Beans

Hello, I'm new on this forum, and I've also been using Ubuntu for just a few weeks so I hope you could be patience.

I'm using Ubuntu 11.10 on my u36sd, and I've been looking for a way to improve the battery life, and I tried the acpi_call, but this method just stopped the nvidia and needed to be used at every restart.
    So I read that Bumblebee tries to work like the nvidia optimus software on windows, but I don't understand the differences.
    So my question are: if I want to improve the buttery lifetime, is bumblebee a good solution? At the same time, does bumblebee activate the nvidia when I run some application that needs it?

Thanks

PS: I have another problem. I'm trying to change the command that launches Skype in order to fix the webcam problem. In Ubuntu 11.04 I did that through the System Preferences, but now I can't find that anymore. How can I do this using the Terminal?
    Last edited by FrenkT; November 6th, 2011 at 04:36 PM.

Beans

Hi, I installed ironhide and disabled nvidia card, then I added parameters to grub. Result is battery live cca 7:30. I can't find page where I found how to disable nvidia card, but maybe you figure it out when configuring ironhide.

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast