Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GLC Will Not Encode

Re: GLC Will Not Encode

Hi, I was ill last days and I hope to get back OK in the next days.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Desti View Post
    Hi, I was ill last days and I hope to get back OK in the next days.
    Oh, alright. Get well soon!

Beans

I could really use some help with this now, as I have some outstanding video footage I'd like to upload to YouTube. Are you well enough yet to help me out?

Hi, havn't forgot you and I will reserve some time on monday for it. Have you tried to use mencoder instead of ffmpeg?

Beans

Actually, in the days while you were gone, I got help from a friend of mine who is experienced with glc, and he gave me a command that pipes to mencoder instead of ffmpeg.

Code:
    glc-play video -y 1 -o - | mencoder -demuxer y4m - -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vqscale=2 -vf eq2=1.3 -o test.avi
    This command works perfectly for me, though I only have one slight issue left, which is how to get mencoder to handle resolution changes in the glc video. Currently, when I try to encode a video that changes resolution halfway through, the video keeps the first resolution and crops out the rest of the video when the resolution changes. My friend proposed a solution for this:

Code:
    -vf scale=<width>:<height>
    which I have yet to test, though I'll try to get around to it tomorrow. If that command doesn't fix that issue, I'll still need your help.

Ah, you recorded with changing window size, I need to check if this causes the problems. Normaly also your basic command should work. Try this little more detailed one and lock what it gives you. glc-play video.glc -y 1 -o - | ffmpeg -i - -vcodec libvpx -b 1M -r 30 -s 426x240 -an -threads 2 video.webm

Beans

I tried that command, but encoding stopped prematurely. When I encode with mencoder, everything works okay except the issue with the video being cropped out because I resized the window. I've yet to resolve that issue, and my friend's help didn't seem to do anything.

Do you have enough free disk space left? I think, you need first make the video to single frame pictures, then resize them all to the same size and then make a new video stream from them.

Beans

Do you have enough free disk space left?
    I don't know. Will 615.8 GB be sufficient?

I think, you need first make the video to single frame pictures
    How do I do that?

then resize them all to the same size
    O_O

and then make a new video stream from them.
    How do I do that??

Hi, I can now confirm, that ffmpeg quits when trying to process a glc file with changing pixel size. But I found an easy way to bypass it, we where looking at the wrong side for rescaling! glc-play has it own rescale function, use it and it should work.
    Code:
     glc-play video.glc -r 400x200 -y 1 -o - | ffmpeg -i - -vcodec libvpx -b 500k -an -threads 2 video.webm
    Last edited by Desti; September 13th, 2011 at 12:58 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast