Thread: Instant mic playback in 11.04?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Instant mic playback in 11.04?

Is there a way to do this? I've googled but only found things related to older versions.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Instant mic playback in 11.04?

I found a workaround, I'm still looking for a built-in solution as it's probably more efficient, but I can enable software playthrough in audacity to do what I want.

Beans
    Distro

Btw, I'm currently trying to make the playback as lag-less as possible, I'm currently getting about 1/8th of a second lag which is noticeably annoying... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Beans

?? Just unmute the mic source using alsamixer.

Beans
    Distro

I've messed with alsamixer for over an hour muting, unmuting, and changing the volumes on everything. I'm wondering if my sound card doesn't support it somehow.

Beans

Hi I've got the same problem on an Asus Eee 1201N with Ubuntu 11.04. Tried almost everything described here and elsewhere but couldn't find a solution. Instant playback works flawlessy in Windows XP. It's enough to enable "Mic Volume" in the Volume Settings in the Output tab (in the Properties window you can select Realtek HD Audio Input or Output, in the first one I checked the Microphone box and in the second one I enabled the Mic Volume slider setting it at max and unchecking "Mute"). I wonder if a sort of different driver is needed to get it working. Any ideas?