Thread: Web Cam video capture software for Windows?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Web Cam video capture software for Windows?

A friend asked me today what software to use this weekend to capture interviews with his laptop web cam. I haven't used Windows in so long that I have no idea what to recommend. A google search turned up a plethora of choices. What software do you use for web cam video capture on Windows?

Beans

Re: Web Cam video capture software for Windows?

Though it is not strictly for that purpose I am sure VLC would work.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

That's cool. I never thought about VLC capturing the webcam output. I had to enter my video device, but it works and also has video/audio effects. I'm afraid this will only confuse my friend though. He needs a simple app with a big button that says "Click here to record". I just got off the phone with him. He wanted to save a pdf as a jpeg and post it to Facebook. I had to walk him through it. I'm sure once he gets done recording his interviews I will have to encode them for him. I just ran across camstudio. It looks pretty simple http://camstudio.org/

Beans

Try WebCam Monitor. It will record video and audio from your webcam with good quality and in sync. Download here:
    http://www.deskshare.com/wcm.aspx

Beans

From the description of the product it is not what they are looking for. ^ This might be spam.