Thread: Firefox and yahoo mail

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Firefox and yahoo mail

Hi,
    Im running Kubuntu 11.04 64bit and Firefox 5 and have flash installed - i've tried both the beta 64bit and stable 32 plugins.
    Anyway in yahoo trying to upload and attachment just doesnt work - i test it with a tiny file and takes forever ( never finishes ) works perfect in windows - also have the same problem in Xubuntu
    Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Firefox and yahoo mail

I haven't had this problem across multiple releases of Ubuntu (8.04 -> 11.04) and Firefox (3 -> 5). I have not tried any of the "extra" Ubuntu versions though (like XUbuntu, Kubuntu).

If you boot off a "regular" Live cd of Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS or 11.04 does it work?

Are all the packages and your system up to date?

Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Firefox and yahoo mail

Have not tried the Live CD and all is up todate including Firefox 6. But i can report the following. By fooling yahoo into thinking i have very old ( lower the screen res. ) i get yahoo classic in this the file attach works perfect. Also when in university today on their wifi network File attach worked 9/10 , came home back to un able to work.
    I still think its some sort of flash problem - but just seems very odd - is there any way for me to find out exactly what is going wrong?
    BTW also tried the same using chromium - same result.
    Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!