Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brainstorming session.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Brainstorming session.

Since a lot of things are moving to touchscreens, why not make a touchscreen friendly music player.

But maybe that's not enough programming and too much thinking about the UI.

hakermania is offline Τώρα ξέρεις τι γράφω εδώ!
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by amiacamal View Post
    Java basically, some c, c#. Looked at some shell scripting stuff. If i were to be learning a new language it would mean a smaller scale project. It doesn't need to be large scale to begin with! I can pick up on the basics of a language relatively easily now.
    Well, there isn't any very good macro creating software rather than xmacro, but it would be nice to have one with a GUI and pause/stop/start shortcuts!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by sanderd17 View Post
    Since a lot of things are moving to touchscreens, why not make a touchscreen friendly music player.

But maybe that's not enough programming and too much thinking about the UI.
    No, thats actually a good idea, minus my lack of owning a touchscreen anything :L I'm using an old school non-smart-phone
    I've never had a problem with Windows I couldn't solve by installing Ubuntu.

Beans

I've been thinking about making a game very similar to the game Heroes of Might and Magic 3 with Pygame, but that is a _large_ project, and you'd need a lot of artwork. But I can see that it's possible, because you wouldn't have to be a math genius to do it, which I'm definitely not.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by hakermania View Post
    Well, there isn't any very good macro creating software rather than xmacro, but it would be nice to have one with a GUI and pause/stop/start shortcuts!
    What is xmacro exactly? It's not something i'm familiar with..

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Smart Viking View Post
    I've been thinking about making a game very similar to the game Heroes of Might and Magic 3 with Pygame, but that is a _large_ project, and you'd need a lot of artwork. But I can see that it's possible, because you wouldn't have to be a math genius to do it, which I'm definitely not.
    We made a game in java for our second year project. I have the artistic abilities of... a rock. An artistically challenged rock. I pondered the game idea, but unless it turns out very well i cant see it being much of a selling point for interviews post college.

I'm going into my 4th year now, just for everyones information!
    I'l be trying to get a job when this year is over, and having a good project will at least be something to talk about!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

What do you need a computer to do that it doesn't do already?

When all else fails you could try programming a simple game. (edit: oh, I see)

Maybe a screen saver.

Personally I was thinking of building a simple physics game of some sort -- neglecting all my other game project ideas, because I have the attention span of a newt.
    Last edited by aaaantoine; August 16th, 2011 at 04:23 PM.
    Acer Aspire 5050-5554 w/ 4GB RAM upgrade. Ubuntu Aug 07 - Dec 08; Arch Linux Dec 08 - July 2011; Ubuntu again since July 2011.
    "Triclops": Home-built AMD Athlon II X2 250, 4GB RAM, Radeon 6570, 500GB HDD. Ubuntu/Windows-XP duo since Jun 2010.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by aaaantoine View Post
    What do you need a computer to do that it doesn't do already?
    Thats the reason I started this thread. Conky and firefox serve most of my needs! I cant really think of anything i need! It doesnt have to be a totally original project, but soon as i realise what i thought of already exists, i just give up and think its rubbish :/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

What kind of things are you interested in? For example, if I like comics, I would make an application that makes viewing comics on PC comfortable.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Oxwivi View Post
    What kind of things are you interested in? For example, if I like comics, I would make an application that makes viewing comics on PC comfortable.

Hmm... I dont really do a lot on the pc. general internet browsing, listen to a lot of music... basically the same stuff everyone else in the world does!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast