Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There will be a Flash Player 9 for Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: There will be a Flash Player 9 for Linux

Mark seems to bee quite able to smooth talk Company leadership, you see headlines everywhere, where he has been to see someone and how they have talked about Open Source (Java for example) and the all of a sudden... Poff!
    My cross-platform python modules for PVA or population simulation https://code.google.com/p/nobones/, written in Ubuntu!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Kimm
    Mark seems to bee quite able to smooth talk Company leadership, you see headlines everywhere, where he has been to see someone and how they have talked about Open Source (Java for example) and the all of a sudden... Poff!
    I was talking about Dapper quality, but you're right. There are several thing going on at the same time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

ABOUT TIME. I've been waiting to use it for a while--guess we'll have to wait even longer...
    Get Exaile, a GTK+ alternative to amarok!
    It's great. I love it! Want to know more? Here's the Exaile Topic

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

My question.. will I be getting the source under and OSI approved license.. if not what can I truly use this for, it will only run on platforms Adobe deems suitable

"Linux on PPC users, x86_64 Linux users.. kindly screw yourselves, love Adobe"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by henriquemaia
    Well, maybe, and this is a huge maybe, if Dapper hits the spotlight when it's released, companies will start to see the market in potential in Linux. The Linux userbase is getting bigger, and also the Linux 64bit userbase. Ubuntu is making this even more true, in a faster pace.
    While Ubuntu may be making the Linux user base larger. I don't think its making the Linux 64bit user base larger. I have read a lot of recommendations on this forum telling people to forget 64 bit and install 32 bit instead.
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Gnash people!!!

Macromedia are fully aware of the Gnash project, and I believe are secretly hoping that the community will go to it. Gnash runs on any arch, as we can build it from source.
    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most " -- Ozzy Osbourne

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I think we will see Adobe supporting the Gnash project in the future, as it will releave them of work and make customers happy
    My cross-platform python modules for PVA or population simulation https://code.google.com/p/nobones/, written in Ubuntu!

Beans
    Distro
    Edgy Eft Testing

Quote Originally Posted by bonzodog
    Gnash people!!!

Macromedia are fully aware of the Gnash project, and I believe are secretly hoping that the community will go to it. Gnash runs on any arch, as we can build it from source.
    We still probably won't see a stable version of Gnash until early 2007 The end result will be pretty much the same, atm Gnash is definitely not stable enough to be used, it crashes on the only page that I need flash for

Hope they do care aout 64bit archs... would be a shame if all this hype was for nothing (for me)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12