Thread: Thunderbird will not stop refreshing...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thunderbird will not stop refreshing...

This is a minor annoyance, but one I would like to solve. When I launch Thunderbird it downloads mail OK and will also send mail fine. But the orange bar at the bottom and the 'refreshing' animation in the top right hand corner will constantly run while the window is open. Any ideas as to what could be causing this? Picture attached:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    $> cd /pub
    $> more beer

Beans
    Distro

Re: Thunderbird will not stop refreshing...

bump.. any clues?
    $> cd /pub
    $> more beer

Beans
    Distro

I found out what was causing this - Google Contacts plug in. I am now using the gContactSync plugin which works better. I hope this helps someone else with the same problem.
    $> cd /pub
    $> more beer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Quote Originally Posted by timgood View Post
    I found out what was causing this - Google Contacts plug in. I am now using the gContactSync plugin which works better. I hope this helps someone else with the same problem.
    Hi, Timgood. I see you never got any response concerning your Thunderbird/Contacts issue. I posted a couple messages on the support board and didn't get any responses either.

I've spent a number of days trying to figure out how to initially install gContactSync for Thunderbird. I can't find any stepbystep procedure. All the references including the gContactSync FAQ seems to expect it's already installed and only gives troubleshooting steps for a system already setup.

I can't get to any of the troubleshooting steps because I can't figure out how to initially set it up.

Can you help? Do you know of a link that actually tells how to initially set it up after it's downloaded and installed?

Can you tell me how you set yours up after you installed the plug in?

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions!

Having a working sync for the Android and Linux is a very promising addition!

-- L. James

--
    L. D. James
    ljames@apollo3.com
    www.apollo3.com/~ljames