Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: vodafone k3565 dongle problems

Beans

Re: vodafone k3565 dongle problems

Quote Originally Posted by Dermot Doyle View Post
    Hi gandaran,
    Yes, I tried the betavine software before without success. I gave it one last shot and uninstalled it all and started again following the advice there. No joy I'm afraid. I think that's it for me. Thanks to you and everyone who tried to help, but it's all become too frustrating and I worry my life is ebbing away as I go goggle eyed.
    Thanks again.
    Hello Dermot

Just found your thread. I too have a Vodafone K3565, but I use it on Ubuntu 11.04. I too went trough a frustrating time of getting the blasted thing to work in linux. If your game, you can try what I tried (bearing in mind I'm using Natty). Also, I'm on PAYG 3G broadband:-

1. Boot into linux with the modem already attached.
    2. Create NetworkManager MobileBroadband connection

NetworkManager settings:
    Provider: Vodafone (*NOT* "Airtel vodafone", which appears at the top since providers are listed alphabetically)
    The APN you will have to enter this manually, as Pre-paid and PAYG settings were wrong for me
    APN: pp.internet
    IPv4 tab. Automatic (PPP) addresses only. Set DNS servers here, separated by a comma: 208.67.222.222,208.67.220.220 (OpenDNS)
    Mobile Broadband tab
    Basic section. Number: *99***3#
    Username: web Password: web
    Advanced section. APN: pp.internet

"Connect automatically" and "Available to all users" were selected2.

3. Check that Network Manager has updated /etc/resolv.conf to contain DNS nameservers.

Open up firefox and try to browse

Good luck!
    Last edited by HarriU11-04; September 1st, 2011 at 09:03 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123