Thread: 10.10. Xsane. Image shifts.

Beans

Question 10.10. Xsane. Image shifts.

Hello all.

The problem we've faced in Ubuntu 10.10 - is that the image "shifts" after scanning.
    The scanner works good, but the output is moved a little and a part (strip) of the output image is not seen.

What can be done to cope with it?

Thanks!

Beans

Re: 10.10. Xsane. Image shifts.

The same again.
    Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS.

Mustek BearPaw 2400 CU Plus II.

For the first time it worked perfectly. But after some days it started scanning not so good - the scanned image "shifts" to the right and the scanned paper seems only half. It's cutted.

I tried simple-scan, Xsane (with marking the scanning zone) and the console "scanimage > scan.pnm". The results are the same. Also tried scanimage -x 210 -y 297 >scan.pnm.

We've scanned a small paper (visit card). When we rotated it we've found the position when it's all on the scanned image. But on the image it has bad proportions, not like a real one. It's stretched/compressed.

I don't know what to do... Everything was configured according to sane-project.org instructions.

Fond at http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/gt68xx-backend/:
    8, 12, 16 bit works all modes. If you can only scan half of the page, use the PS2Dfw2.usb firmware and rename it to PS2Dfw.usb. In that case, you may also need backend 1.0-73 or later.
    I've changed PS2Dfw.usb to PS2Dfw2.usb.

We will test the scanner as soon as it's possible.
    Last edited by Lexus45; September 5th, 2011 at 07:17 AM.

Beans

Re: 10.10. Xsane. Image shifts.

Fond at http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/gt68xx-backend/:
    8, 12, 16 bit works all modes. If you can only scan half of the page, use the PS2Dfw2.usb firmware and rename it to PS2Dfw.usb. In that case, you may also need backend 1.0-73 or later.
    I've changed PS2Dfw.usb to PS2Dfw2.usb.

Scanner works fine.
    Last edited by Lexus45; September 30th, 2011 at 12:24 PM.