Thread: I'm getting this error everytime I try to update anything

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'm getting this error everytime I try to update anything

E: linux-image-2.6.32-33-generic: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
    E: linux-image-generic: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    E: linux-generic: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured

Whatever I tried to update, this happens. How can I solve it?

Beans

Re: I'm getting this error everytime I try to update anything

I don't know exactly what this error means, but it seems that in the process of installing the kernel update you faced some problems. Whatever!!
    Give it a try:
    I hope there are number of other linux kernel images in grub loader screen because of the previous kernel updates. Just run one of them by choosing a different older linux kernel.
    It would appear as : ubuntu 10.10 using Linux 2.6.32.xx where xx is some number like 31, 30 but not 33. Just boot your system using one of older kernels.
    After logging in, check for updates. If it works and you are able to see new kernel update, you may do it.
    If you fail to do so with this kernel also, you may try google for removing the kernel update and try reinstalling the linux kernel from repository.

This post may not be of much help, but give it a try if you want to. Should not harm!!!
    I use rss feeds to view recent posts. So generally don't go back to the thread I posted on earlier. If u wish to criticize me or want me to try a bit more to help u by postin on ur thread(r post), pls message me directly with link of the post. Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Got the same error today. Haven't used my PC for a while so had a lot of updates. One of the linux-image or linux-header or linux-header...generic downloads for 2.6.32-33 hung at 90% (I didn't write down which one). After removing and reinstalling the three packages a couple of times was not able to get it working. Grub2 crashed and I used the crash report to generate Bug #824146.

Update Manager shows my PC is up to date.
    Synaptic Package Manager never showed any broken dependencies.

Guess I'll just wait for kernel update 34.
    FWIW,
    The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there should be no difference but, in reality, there always is.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Yeah I think we need to wait for the new kernel update.