Thread: Keyboard layout (bug?)

Beans

Keyboard layout (bug?)

Greetings.

I'm just curious why I can't remove a keyboard layout. During installation I used the Serbia Latin layout so that I could write my surname correctly, and then this was the standard layout on system start-up. I've no need for this layout normally, so I added USA, and removed Serbia Latin, however, it keeps coming back every time I reboot. This doesn't bother me as much as the fact that at (to me) seemingly random instances the layout switches to Serbia Latin when I open a new window/app. I don't mind having the layout in the selection, but I would like that USA is always prioritized. Can anyone help me with this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Keyboard layout (bug?)

Quote Originally Posted by Choco_Bob View Post
    Greetings.

I'm just curious why I can't remove a keyboard layout. During installation I used the Serbia Latin layout so that I could write my surname correctly, and then this was the standard layout on system start-up. I've no need for this layout normally, so I added USA, and removed Serbia Latin, however, it keeps coming back every time I reboot. This doesn't bother me as much as the fact that at (to me) seemingly random instances the layout switches to Serbia Latin when I open a new window/app. I don't mind having the layout in the selection, but I would like that USA is always prioritized. Can anyone help me with this?
    I don't know the exact solution to your problem but I would try "Reset to Defaults" then applying it System-wide.
    Also make sure that USA is the first on the Layout list.
    Hope this helps.

Beans

Bah, these options eluded me. :D But yes, resetting and then applying system-wide fixed it. Thank you very much. :)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Choco_Bob View Post
    Bah, these options eluded me. But yes, resetting and then applying system-wide fixed it. Thank you very much.
    Your are welcome!
    Cheers from Novi Sad, Serbia.