Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HDD--Few bad sectors, passed, ridiculous Reallocated Sector Count... Fix?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HDD--Few bad sectors, passed, ridiculous Reallocated Sector Count... Fix?

Maybe it's only me but why do you run a ntfsfix on a FAT32 partition ?

And if you don't trust the Linux tools, you can use the diagnostic tools from the manufacturer.
    If you don't make backups of your important data, your data is obviously not important to you.

Beans

I don't need to recover any files. Everything is backed up. Thanks, though. :3

@your signature: Hey, hey! My data is my /LIFE/. :C The only reason I had no updated back up on it was because I was still organizing everything... And, well, there was too much data and I didn't have the money for storage. . u.)" It's like saying "if it was important to you, you wouldn't have lost it"--which was completely false for me. I lose everything from gaming consoles to /entire bags/ to keys to... Well, that's just because I'm a scatter brain. = v=)'
    Last edited by Baniita; August 3rd, 2011 at 08:36 AM.

Beans

Because apparently that ntfsfix was some sort of chkdsk equivalent. = v=)" And I don't know what I'm doing, remember? /Ahahaha...!! Ha.. Ha... (Teaaars.)

There's fruit flies in my room and it's like they're mocking me: "your hard drive is tooooaaast. Friiiied. It's rotten and we can smell itttt."

The bad sector count is increasing... It's obviously untrue, but that command I tried from the terminal didn't work (to calculate the real bad sectors). It's in the 23mil count now. And it's still labelling itself as having only "a few bad sectors". Yeah, pretty sure it'll fail in a few weeks or so. = __x)

I installed ubuntu on it, by the way. So far, everything works fine. . _.

ONLY DOWNHILL FROM NOW! YAAY. :'D

Ffff. Tears intensify.

Thanks for all the replies, people. Even though it seems that nothing but an RMA can be done. :C

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12