Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ubuntu 9.04 wireless help

Beans

Re: ubuntu 9.04 wireless help

Yes, I thought I'd sensed a little modesty in that thread; I'm lucky to be getting this service for free

Beans

Well I'd imagine that downloading a new version would take millennia? I was planning on updating when I got my wireless up and running in Ubuntu which would be quick?

I don't know if I'm right about that.

You strike me as a man who will see any task through, alas, I feel I have used much of your time already; how long would the difficult option take? and how difficult is it?

Beans

I have the patience of a saint, although it is 01:30 in the morning here, could we have the task done by 04:00?

Beans

P.S. I have a cd with quote "full versions of ubuntu 9.04, as well as Kubuntu, Edubuntu, Xubuntu and PPC releases!" would any of those do the trick?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Nope on both counts. I will be headed for nap time in about an hour. Can you download here? http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download

Get either 10.04 LTS or 11.04, as you prefer. Burn the iso image to CD and install in place of your 9.04 version. You will thank me!
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

Thank you, you have been a great help, how long will it take ona average to download one of those?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Let it run all night. When the coffee's ready in the morning, we'll be all set.

I depends, of course, on your download speed; a couple of hours, I'd guess.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

Hello again Chili, hope your online, I have Ubuntu 11.04 on disk now, and as you know
    Ubuntu 9.04 on my partition, I would like to remove 9.04 and install 11.04, without destroying my life. Thank you

(If chili not online or busy, I would be glad for someone else's help)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234