Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ipod touch and ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

ipod touch and ubuntu

hi I have a 5th gen I pod Touch and my desk to is a maverick meerekat, and i love it. although I dont know what should be done about how to use my desk top to manage my ipod. i have a notebook that i acquired from my dad that runs windows xp, but it had a ton of viruses on it and i believe it has corrupted the windows on it. i would like to put a different os on my notebook but i use the windows to run itunes and thats my only set back. so if there is any way to get ubuntu to manage my ipod that would be great. also does anybody have a suggestion as to a fun os to put on my notebook that is fast and easy as a on the go computer?
    thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: ipod touch and ubuntu

I've tried several of the ways to get my 4th gen iPod Touch to work under Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10 both, none worked. About to install Windows on VMWare and run iTunes off of that, so you may have better luck with doing that.

Beans

I use Rockbox on my 5.5 Gen iPod and Ubuntu. You can drag and drop your files. No need for iTunes. Rockbox is pretty sweet although it might be a dead project. Haven't checked it out in a while.

Cheers!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I'm pretty sure the touch screen ios devices still need itunes.

trinux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

i thought actually about the virtual box, but i dont have a copy of windows yet to install into virtual box...didnt really want to buy windows just to run itunes but that will probably be my best bet from what ive searched around and found.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Not that I'm at all saying you should, but some people have been known to acquire windows installs from torrent sites. This is of course highly illegal, and I would never condone such actions, but I would also have to suggest this one if I were to be the one downloading such a thing. Seems to work well.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

ok ty ill see what i can do

Beans

If your a student going to college you maybe able to obtain a copy of Windows 7 for free through Mircosoft Accademic Aliance. But I think you have to be a Comp Sci major or Info Systems, etc.

Beans

If your a student going to college you maybe able to obtain a copy of Windows 7 for free through Mircosoft Accademic Aliance. But I think you have to be a Comp Sci major or Info Systems, etc.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by trustinglittle View Post
    Really? I'll have to check that out...would love to put Ubuntu on the entire hard drive of my machine, but parents want me to keep win7 on the hard drive 'in case I want to use anything'-despite the fact I've used it twice since I got it, hated it both times, and the second time it crashed...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast