Thread: Cannot mount Ipod touch?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Cannot mount Ipod touch?

I recently had to reinstall Ubuntu 11.04 after a bit of careless messing about, and am now unable to mount my Ipod (touch, 3rd generation, maybe?). Previously, only a week ago, I had no troubles mounting it and uploaded all of my music to Banshee with no problems. However, with this most recent reinstallation, I am unable to to do anything with my Ipod. If I plug it in, about 2 seconds later it comes up with an error that I cannot currently remember, but it was along the lines of "cannot mount: blahbity blah blah timed out."

I have done a fair amount of searching online and found several instances of similar problems to mine, but none of the offered suggestions they received did anything to fix my issues. I'll be happy to offer more information later when I have my Ipod again, but for the time being do you guys have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Cannot mount Ipod touch?

Sorry for the wait, and thanks for your patience.

The specific error is:

DBus error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)

Doing a google search on the exact error brings up a few things to try and some good info, but nothing that works in my case. Some general searching also turns up solutions that don't work.

My set up is Ubuntu 11.04 on a MacBook Pro 7,1. Banshee 2.0 32G Ipod Touch (3rd Generation).

Feel free to ask me for more info if needed, I appreciate your time and assistance.