Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wireless problem with Asus eee pc1005HAB - Ubuntu 11.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Wireless problem with Asus eee pc1005HAB - Ubuntu 11.04

Well, a reinstall is drastic but certainly effective. To make the driver parameter persistent, let's do:
    Code:
    sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/ath9k.conf
    Add one line:
    Code:
    options ath9k nohwcrypt=1
    Proofread, save and close gedit and you should be all set.

Please use thread tools at the top and Mark Solved. Have fun!
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D.

Beans

I'm wondering if it is normal that I can't connect to the Internet via wireless if I have 2~3 bars? The signal fluctuates but it's not connecting unless it is in the same room as the router.

AND when I tried doing the code you told me, I got this:

Code:
    (gedit:2551): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to store changes into `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Failed to create file '/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.FS3CZV': No such file or directory

(gedit:2551): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to set the permissions of `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: No such file or directory

(gedit:2551): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to store changes into `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Failed to create file '/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.AXESZV': No such file or directory

(gedit:2551): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to set the permissions of `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: No such file or directory

** (gedit:2551): CRITICAL **: _gedit_tab_save_as: assertion `(tab->priv->state == GEDIT_TAB_STATE_NORMAL) || (tab->priv->state == GEDIT_TAB_STATE_EXTERNALLY_MODIFIED_NOTIFICATION) || (tab->priv->state == GEDIT_TAB_STATE_SHOWING_PRINT_PREVIEW)' failed

** (gedit:2551): CRITICAL **: _gedit_tab_save_as: assertion `(tab->priv->state == GEDIT_TAB_STATE_NORMAL) || (tab->priv->state == GEDIT_TAB_STATE_EXTERNALLY_MODIFIED_NOTIFICATION) || (tab->priv->state == GEDIT_TAB_STATE_SHOWING_PRINT_PREVIEW)' failed

(gedit:2551): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to store changes into `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Failed to create file '/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.QRIJZV': No such file or directory

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

When I ...ahem... accidentally connect to my neighbor with two bars, it's a bit unstable; three or four are OK. Does your router have a signal strength setting? Is it dialed up to maximum? See attached.
    (gedit:2551): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to store changes into `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Failed to create file '/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.FS3CZV': No such file or directory
    You might try gksu: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=118892
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D.

Beans

It worked with gsku - thanks!
    As for the connecting from my room instead of the living room (where the router is) I don't get why it won't connect from my room. Like I said, the signal fluctuates from 1-3 bars in my room and it doesn't matter. I have to go to the other room with the laptop to be able to connect. *shrugs* I'll find out soon enough. Thanks though!

Beans

Smile Re: Wireless problem with Asus eee pc1005HAB - Ubuntu 11.04

Quote Originally Posted by fi2 View Post
    Did you check if WLAN is enabled in the Bios menu?
    (Reboot > F2 > Advanced > Onboard Devices Configuration)
    Thank you so much - this solved my eee wifi problem straightaway. Phew!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12