Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which laptop to buy?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Which laptop to buy?

Dell 15z

The nVidia GT 525M does have Optimus though - although BumbleBee is promising.
    - Justin Reno
    Need an easy way to store files publicly or even privately without hassle over the internet to be accessed anywhere? Try Dropbox. Use this link to get an extra 250MB of storage!

beew is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by trollolo View Post
    integrated intel graphics here from my i5 450m and i can game decently, Half Life 2, Audiosurf, etc. but nothing that's way out there. http://boards.4chan.org/g/

a full on discrete graphics card is a stupid, stupid idea. you get terrible battery life, and you're going to overpay to the point where your parents will threaten to disown you on a daily basis.
    Then why even get a Nvidia card? A standalone Intel would be cheaper.

Battery life may be a concern for some, but for others it is quite secondary, I have my laptop plugged in most of the time.

Beans

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

For development, why would you pick laptops with such horrible resolution? Go with a higher resolution laptop that is known to be Linux-friendly...

I'm being biased, but I don't care. Thinkpad T420 with HD+ or, even better, Thinkpad T520 with FHD. Fit more code on there.
    www.runtime-era.com - Blog About My Journey as a Developer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12