Thread: some options not showing?

Beans

some options not showing?

I am VERY new to Ubuntu and still learning so this could be a very simple questions. I have searched all over google and these forums and cannot find my answer so either I just cannot word it right to find it (if so I am sorry) or maybe it doesn't really exist yet (doubt it).

I am trying to set my power management (change how long the screen stays on and stuff) and all I can do is changes from a few options and when I click the "Help" button it has instructions that show a slider bar and in yellow there is a note that reads

"Some sliders or option boxes may be disabled if the GConf policy keys are not writable. This allows administrators to lock-down the actions that a user can select."

I have set my profile to Administrator and all that but still nothing. I believe there are other options I just cannot see or change but I haven't discover it yet. How do I fix this and be able to get more options?

thank you so much for your help! Can't wait to contribute to others and help when I finally get a hold of all this.

Jacob

Beans

Re: some options not showing?

really? no help? well thanks for nothing