Thread: Grub trouble_Unable to input password.

Beans

Exclamation Grub trouble_Unable to input password.

I know there is a similar thread but my problem is different from the other one I read.

In the other thread, the grub terminal would not accept the password the person would enter.
    In my case it literally wont let me type my password or anything at all! It asks me to input my password but no matter how many times I press a key nothing happens.
    ---
    Possibly important details: I am following a guide to change the boot order on grub while running the Ubuntu OS and using the terminal. But the issue is the same, I have tried accessing the root mode but it would not let me type my password there either.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Grub trouble_Unable to input password.

I'm a little confused where you are, is it a CLI or grub?

When typing a password in terminal, the cursor will not do anything. It won't move or print *****'s. Type your password in normally and hit enter.

Beans

I'm on the terminal. Anyways what you said worked. but now I have a completely different problem ^^; I suppose I will have to post a new thread for this question.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Great, glad it helped. Please mark thread as "solved." At the top right you will see "Thread Tools," it will have a selection to mark it as solved.