Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disgruntled Spotify Linux users

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Disgruntled Spotify Linux users

It doesn't matter to me because I stopped using Spotify after they put a limit of 5 listens per song. Started using grooveshark instead, which is fine to sit in firefox if i make it an app tab.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by Madspyman View Post
    I know there's a lot of hate towards Wine but it's helpful and a free solution to using Spotify for free in Linux. I'm using Spotify free in Linux right now.
    Exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by trollolo View Post
    i see no reason for spotify at all. for the cloud, i use www.grooveshark.com better interface, ads can be removed via userscripts, and i can access it form any computer, which is the WHOLE POINT OF THE CLOUD.

why would i want to install a local client to view my cloud-based library? sheesh
    The point of Spotify isn't to get your music in the cloud, but to be able to listen to songs you don't own.

Quote Originally Posted by chaozuper View Post
    It doesn't matter to me because I stopped using Spotify after they put a limit of 5 listens per song.
    Wow. I didn't know that. That sucks.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Same, the 5 limit per song is purely retarded.

I mean, first they spam the free version with ads and commercials, then they limit the "hours" you can listen, and now the amounts you can listen to the same song? Trollolol
    They say the pen is mightier than the sword...but Steven Seagal is mightier than the Pen AND the Sword. http://tinyurl.com/ybnsx2w
    Don't have Dropbox or any cloud-hosting yet? Click this -->http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTE1MDE3NzY5

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Because of the 5 listen limit, I checked Grooveshark because people mentioned it here. It's pretty cool. I guess for the time being, there's no reason for Spotify, until Grooveshark gets shut down.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans

Bah. They have to earn money some way, and they actually went minus last years, that's probably why they put a restriction on the free account.

Spotify is worth paying for, i got Spotify Premiun and i love it.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by fontis View Post
    Same, the 5 limit per song is purely retarded.

I mean, first they spam the free version with ads and commercials, then they limit the "hours" you can listen, and now the amounts you can listen to the same song? Trollolol
    I was quite happy to put up with their adverts, and I am very intolerant of ads, but yes, that 5 plays per track "feature" ended my relationship with them.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Funny enough, I've had some real problems. I downloaded the Linux Preview (and paid for a Premium account--I have spotty internet access and wanted to be able to load up when I'm at a wireless hotspot.) Spotify has only opened up once! I can't get it to open up again, even though it's showing that it's installed. I've already fired off a missive...Disgruntled to say the least. What a joke. And I wasted $10.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Just to let you know: Spotify for Linux works fine without a paid subscription, including Local Music and advertisements, at least on my system (Debian testing).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12