Thread: Mobloquer issue

Beans

Mobloquer issue

Hey guys!

I've recently switched from iplist to mobock and im using mobloqer to manage it. I have a very large block list. Everything updates fine, no errors, but for some reason in the blocked-ip list at the top of the manage page its only showing around 1,000,000 blocked ip's. This number should be much larger. Im wondering if this is just a glitch with the mobloquer program?

Thanks!

Beans

Re: Mobloquer issue

A little more info for you.

I was playing around with it a bit and it acts strange. I deactivated all list but one. I updated and refreshed and it showed 900,000 ip's blocked. I updated another with this (so now I have the original + 1 ) and the ip's blocked went down to 60,000) Then I unchecked the additional list I had just activated, and now have only the original (the one with 900,000) and update and restart. Now it shows 814,000 blocked. Not sure whats going on here.

Beans

moblock merges the IP ranges if they overlap.
    IIRC mobloquer shows the blocked IP ranges. So if you block the whole IPv4 internet (0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255) you will only block 1 range.
    Please post your logfiles and output of commands wrapped in code tags:
    Code:
    [code]output[/code]
    Co-author of PeerGuardian Linux (pgl). Maintainer of the pgl package repositories for Debian and Ubuntu.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jre View Post
    moblock merges the IP ranges if they overlap.
    IIRC mobloquer shows the blocked IP ranges. So if you block the whole IPv4 internet (0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255) you will only block 1 range.
    awesome, thanks for that info. I was used to ipblock listing individual ip's.